Sunday, April 5, 2015

My Top Five Diana Henry Recipes

Over at I Heart Cooking Clubs we've been cooking the recipes of Diana Henry for the past six months. Usually I have a tendency to chose main dish recipes, but this time around I mixed it up and cooked quite a selection. I made breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I made vegetarian dishes as well as meat-based dishes. I cooked some of her healthy recipes but also managed a few indulgent dishes. I even made a dessert! Everything I made was tasty, but these were my top five!

Click on recipe name to be redirected to original post

Of all the Diana Henry recipes I tried, this Kale Pesto with Pasta was my personal favorite. I'm rather biased since I happen to love kale, but I will say that everyone in my house thought this was delicious! Hearty, flavorful, robust and satisfying...I've made it a few times already.


If I were to pick an overall family favorite, it would be these Asian Pork Balls with Chili Dipping Sauce. They were pretty much exploding with flavor and incredibly fun to eat. They disappeared in record time.


Of course, it's hard to beat a good ol' indulgent bowl of creamy pasta and this Spaghetti with Bacon, Egg, and Cheese is just that. This dish is a mix between Fettuccine Alfredo and Spaghetti Carbonara and is perfect comfort food. My teenage daughter loved it!


Broccoli is pretty much our favorite veggie, hands down.  My entire family enjoyed this refreshing Broccoli with Ricotta, Lemon, and Parmesan. If you're looking for a fun new way to serve your broccoli give this a try!

Lastly, I love all things maple. This maple baked granola is perfect as a snack, served with milk, or sprinkled over yogurt. Doesn't really matter what type of fruit or nuts you mix into it. Just pour the maple syrup on your choice of ingredients and bake.
Theme: Farewell Diana Henry!
For the next six months we will be cooking the recipes of the one and only Jacques Pepin! It's going to be a wonderful adventure cooking up his recipes. If you would like to cook along, visit our site at I Heart Cooking Clubs, or click here to be directed to our Welcome page.


9 comments:

  1. That's a tasty round up of dishes! The pork balls look incredibly succulent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made some wonderful Diana dishes. I forgot about the granola--It's on my list to make along with the kale version of the pesto. Yum! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great Round Up of Diana Henry recipes! They all look delicious, vibrant and your photography makes me hungry! Newbie to the IHCC series and look forward to future posts by you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice round-up! Hope to cook the recipes of Jacques Pepin with you over the next six months. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delicous round-up! The kale pesto pasta is one I've bookmarked but haven't yet made and the meatballs were a favourite with my family as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your round-up, Kim - I can see why every single one of those would have been favourites. I'm especially drawn to that kale pesto, and since it's plenty abundant round here at the moment I'm going to give that a try this week. I think that broccoli dish will be coming up very shortly too - I'm always looking for interesting ways to try broccoli and this looks like a definite must try for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A delicious roundup, Kim! I am eyeing the Kale Pesto with Pasta! I have never tried Kale before and it is one ingredient that I have yet to find over here. Yes, that Asian Pork Balls is really delicious!
    Looking forward to our next six months with JP!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Must get that kale pesto pasta into my life STAT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh, I'm looking forward to the Pepin series, he's one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! At the moment I am having a huge problem with spam so I've had to add comment moderation and close off comments to anonymous users. I apologize for the trouble and hope to return my comments to normal shortly.